We're looking for a few politically charged creatives to join us!
Adbusters is all about a collaborative, inspiring environment, and we want to work with people who can contribute their individual energies and gusto and perspectives. We want your opinions, we want to hear your big ideas, we want to know the politically-charged concepts you express.
So TELL US!
Tell us why you want to work with Adbusters, tell us about the interests and hobbies and insights you can bring to the magazine. Tell us how you want to engage with the pressing issues of our time. Put it in a cover letter and send it, along with your resume and portfolio for all applications.
Senior/Web Editor (Vancouver)
Adbusters Media Foundation is looking for a passionate, politically charged Senior/Web Editor for our Vancouver office. The Senior/Web Editor will work closely with the Editor-in-Chief to develop original content for Adbusters magazine and our websites, and will be expected to demonstrate strong research skills with the aim of getting to the core of contemporary political and environmental issues. The successful candidate will be expected to research, curate and write original articles for publication in print and online, and will need to have a keen eye for storytelling and design. Political engagement with the pressing issues of our time is essential.
- Strong creative writing and editing skills
- Familiarity with Adbusters’ magazine, websites, books & campaigns
- Experience working with a team and managing a multitude of writers and contributors
- Bonus: familiarity with software such as InDesign, Photoshop and Wordpress
Send your resume and cover letter to [ show email firstname.lastname@example.org ]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Web + Graphic Volunteer/Intern (Vancouver)
Adbusters Media Foundation is offering an unpaid volunteer position at our organization during our ongoing website upgrade. The ideal candidate will have either formal training or a background in web coding, as well as a solid understanding of anything and everything that goes into making a website live. If you are a fast learner with multidisciplinary skills in web + graphics and are seeking professional experience in the field of web development, send your resume and portfolio to [ show email email@example.com ].
We are also accepting current students registered in any Web/Graphic-related post-secondary program, whose program accepts voluntary experience in exchange for school credits. Please send along details of your educational requirements with your application.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the website migration project, backing up WordPress site
- Create and optimize graphics for web use while maintaining the Adbusters aesthetic
- Create page design mock-ups
- Translate mock-up designs into code
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, WordPress
- A willingness to learn about Webflow
- A team-player attitude—the job is very collaborative and you will need to work closely with the Art Director and Web Designer
Additional assets include:
- Politically-minded, familiar with Adbusters magazines and campaigns
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Web Design/Development, Media and Arts + Design
Adbusters is looking for politically-minded, dynamic people to join our editorial, web and management teams at our Vancouver office. We welcome applicants from a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds. A willingness to work in a spirited, collaborative environment is essential. Preferred applicants will have an activist bent and a desire to engage with the pressing issues of our time.
Volunteers must be willing to work as a team on various tasks such as:
- Customer service (handling phone calls and subscriptions)
- Office assistant (admin, inventory, shipping)
- Social Media (drafting weekly social media content)
- Web update/maintenance (HTML/CSS/Java/Wordpress)
If you think you have something to contribute to our magazine and you’re seeking industry experience, send your resume to [ show email firstname.lastname@example.org ].