Social Media Editor (Vancouver)
We are looking for a passionate, politically charged, and mature Social Media Editor to bolster our Vancouver team of activists, artists, dreamers and redeemers.
Adbusters Media Foundation the headquarters of Adbusters magazine, the journal of the mental environment. Since 1989, our collective has smashed ads, castigated corruption, and taken the powers-that-be to task — without ever accepting a single corporate dollar or running a single (non-satirical) ad. And from Buy Nothing Day to Occupy Wall Street, we’ve been at the helm of some of our era’s definitive tone-shifting moments. Our mission is to forge bold alternatives, radical solutions — new ways to live, love, and think.
The Social Media Editor will work closely with the Editor-in-Chief. Your job consists primarily of the following tasks:
- Creating and curating material suited to each social-media platform
- Advancing activist campaigns and inciting digital jams
- Promoting magazines and other merchandise
- Communicating with readers and the broader public
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Social-media savvy
- Strong creative-writing skills
- Video-editing and image-manipulation skills
- Tuned in to the big ecological and political issues of our time
- Curiosity, passion, and a revolutionary outlook
- Flexibility: work at your own pace, in a workspace of your choosing (office/home)
- Creativity: take existing magazine assets, put your personal stamp on them, and make them shareable
- Exposure: put your work before our worldwide network of friends, fans, and followers
- Impact: stand behind a message with meaning
Send your resume and cover letter to kono[at]adbusters.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Volunteering at Adbusters
Adbusters is looking for politically-minded, dynamic people to join our editorial, web and management teams at our Vancouver office. We welcome applicants from a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds. A willingness to work in a spirited, collaborative environment is essential. Preferred applicants will have an activist bent and a desire to engage with the pressing issues of our time.
Volunteers must be willing to work as a team on various tasks such as:
- Customer service (handling phone calls and subscriptions)
- Office assistant (admin, inventory, shipping)
- Research assistant (conducting specific research projects related to the current campaigns or magazine production)
- Social Media (drafting weekly social media content)
If you think you have something to contribute to our magazine and you’re seeking industry experience, send your resume to info[at]adbusters.org.