We're looking for a few politically charged creatives to join us!
Adbusters is all about a collaborative, inspiring environment, and we want to work with people who can contribute their individual energies and gusto and perspectives. We want your opinions, we want to hear your big ideas, we want to know the politically-charged concepts you express.
So TELL US!
Tell us why you want to work with Adbusters, tell us about the interests and hobbies and insights you can bring to the magazine. Tell us how you want to engage with the pressing issues of our time. Put it in a cover letter and send it, along with your resume and portfolio for all applications.
Visual Designer / MEME Propagator(Vancouver)
Adbusters is looking for a politically-charged Visual Designer to join our creative team. The Visual Designer’s main job will be to take stories and images from Adbusters magazine and adapt them creatively for the web. The Visual Designer will also come up with original concepts for our magazine, websites and upcoming World Revolution App. A willingness to work hard in a spirited, collaborative environment is essential. Preferred applicants will demonstrate a political bent and a willingness to engage with the pressing issues of our time. Applicants from all backgrounds are welcome.
- Ecologically, politically & aesthetically tuned in
- Efficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Twitter, Facebook & Instagram savvy
Send your resume, cover letter and portfolio to [ show email [email protected] ]
Web + Graphic Volunteer/Intern (Vancouver)
Adbusters Media Foundation is offering an unpaid volunteer position at our organization during our ongoing website upgrade. The ideal candidate will have either formal training or a background in web coding, as well as a solid understanding of anything and everything that goes into making a website live. If you are a fast learner with multidisciplinary skills in web + graphics and are seeking professional experience in the field of web development, send your resume and portfolio to [ show email [email protected] ].
We are also accepting current students registered in any Web/Graphic-related post-secondary program, whose program accepts voluntary experience in exchange for school credits. Please send along details of your educational requirements with your application.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the website migration project, backing up WordPress site
- Create and optimize graphics for web use while maintaining the Adbusters aesthetic
- Create page design mock-ups
- Translate mock-up designs into code
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, WordPress
- A willingness to learn about Webflow
- A team-player attitude—the job is very collaborative and you will need to work closely with the Art Director and Web Designer
Additional assets include:
- Politically-minded, familiar with Adbusters magazines and campaigns
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Web Design/Development, Media and Arts + Design
Adbusters is looking for a politically-minded, dynamic people to join our editorial, web and management teams at our Vancouver office. We welcome applicants from a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds. A willingness to work in a spirited, collaborative environment is essential. Preferred applicants will have an activist bent and a desire to engage with the pressing issues of our time.
Volunteers must be willing to work as a team on various tasks such as:
- Customer service (handling phone calls and subscriptions)
- Office assistant (admin, inventory, shipping)
- Social Media (drafting weekly social media content)
- Web update/maintenance (HTML/CSS/Java/Wordpress)
If you think you have something to contribute to our magazine and you’re seeking industry experience, send your resume to [ show email [email protected] ].