Creative Writer (Vancouver)
Adbusters Media Foundation is looking for a passionate, politically charged Creative Writer to flesh out our Vancouver team of activists, artists, dreamers and redeemers.
Adbusters, the journal of the mental environment, is a staple of the counterculture. For three decades, our collective of dissidents and dreamers has been smashing ads, castigating corruption, and taking the powers that be to task — without ever accepting a single corporate dollar. From Buy Nothing Day to #OccupyWallStreet, we've been at the helm of some of our era's definitive toneshifting moments. Become a key part of our mission to forge radical new ways to live, love, and think.
The Creative Writer will work closely with other editorial staff, including the Editor-in-Chief. The job consists primarily of the following tasks:
- Writing material for both our print and digital platforms;
- Writing activist briefings;
- Communicating with our readers and the broader public.
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Be tuned in to the big ecological and political issues of our time;
- Have strong creative writing skills;
- Strong editing acumen;
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively alongside a team of staff and contributors;
- Curiosity, passion and political savvy.
Send your resume and cover letter to [ show email email@example.com ]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Volunteering at Adbusters
Adbusters is looking for politically-minded, dynamic people to join our editorial, web and management teams at our Vancouver office. We welcome applicants from a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds. A willingness to work in a spirited, collaborative environment is essential. Preferred applicants will have an activist bent and a desire to engage with the pressing issues of our time.
Volunteers must be willing to work as a team on various tasks such as:
- Customer service (handling phone calls and subscriptions)
- Office assistant (admin, inventory, shipping)
- Research assistant (conducting specific research projects related to the current campaigns or magazine production)
- Social Media (drafting weekly social media content)
If you think you have something to contribute to our magazine and you’re seeking industry experience, send your resume to [ show email firstname.lastname@example.org ].