Senior/Web Editor (Vancouver)
Adbusters Media Foundation is looking for a politically savvy Senior/Web Editor for our Vancouver office. The Senior/Web Editor will work closely with the Editor-in-Chief to develop original content for Adbusters magazine and our websites, and will be expected to demonstrate strong research skills with the aim of getting to the core of contemporary political, economic and environmental issues. The successful candidate will be expected to research, curate and write original articles for publication in print and online, and will need to have a keen eye for storytelling and design. Political engagement with the pressing issues of our time is essential.
- Strong creative writing and editing skills
- Familiarity with Adbusters’ magazine, websites, books & campaigns
- Experience working with a team and managing a multitude of writers and contributors
- Bonus: familiarity with software such as InDesign, Photoshop and Wordpress
Send your resume and cover letter to [ show email firstname.lastname@example.org ]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Web Volunteer/Unpaid Internship (Vancouver)
Adbusters Media Foundation is offering an unpaid volunteer position at our organization during our ongoing website upgrade. The ideal candidate will have either formal training or a background in web coding, as well as a solid understanding of anything and everything that goes into making a website live. If you are a fast learner with multidisciplinary skills in web + web graphics and are seeking professional experience in the field of web development, send your resume and portfolio to [ show email email@example.com ].
We are also accepting current students registered in any Web related post-secondary program, whose program accepts voluntary experience in exchange for school credits. Please send along details of your educational requirements with your application.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in managing Adbusters websites (Webflow and Wordpress)
- Create and optimize graphics for web use while maintaining the Adbusters aesthetic
- Create page design mock-ups
- Translate mock-up designs into code
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML, CSS, WordPress
- Basic web image editing skill (Photoshop)
- A willingness to learn about Webflow
- A team-player attitude—the job is very collaborative and you will need to work closely with the Art Director and Web Designer
Additional assets include:
- Politically-minded, familiar with Adbusters magazines and campaigns
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Web Design/Development, Media and Arts + Design
Adbusters is looking for politically-minded, dynamic people to join our editorial, web and management teams at our Vancouver office. We welcome applicants from a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds. A willingness to work in a spirited, collaborative environment is essential. Preferred applicants will have an activist bent and a desire to engage with the pressing issues of our time.
Volunteers must be willing to work as a team on various tasks such as:
- Customer service (handling phone calls and subscriptions)
- Office assistant (admin, inventory, shipping)
- Social Media (drafting weekly social media content)
- Web update/maintenance (HTML/CSS/Java/Wordpress)
If you think you have something to contribute to our magazine and you’re seeking industry experience, send your resume to [ show email firstname.lastname@example.org ].