Visual Designer / MEME Propagator(Vancouver)
Adbusters is looking for a politically-charged Visual Designer to join our creative team. The Visual Designer’s main job will be to take stories and images from Adbusters magazine and adapt them creatively for the web.
The Visual Designer will also come up with original concepts for our magazine, websites and upcoming World Revolution App.
A willingness to work hard in a spirited, collaborative environment is essential. Preferred applicants will demonstrate a political bent and a willingness to engage with the pressing issues of our time. Applicants from all backgrounds are welcome.
Ecologically, politically & aesthetically tuned in
Efficient in Adobe Creative Suite
Twitter, Facebook & Instagram savvy
Send your resume, cover letter and portfolio to [email protected]
Digital Campaign Manager
Adbusters is looking for a digital whiz kid to join the art team–a passionate web slinger (content strategist) with a campaign heart. Someone who lives and breathes social media, who has advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, and understands the Adbusters aesthetic. We welcome graduates of art and design schools who have some experience in print production. A knowledge of anything tech is also an asset, such as programming, app/web development, and social media marketing.
Adbusters is releasing a World Revolution App this year, and we need a politically charged content strategist to create a plan of action.
A willingness to work hard in a spirited, collaborative environment is essential. Preferred applicants should have a revolutionary mindset and a willingness to engage with the pressing issues of our time.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working with the Editor-in-Chief and Creative Director to create our bi-monthly magazine
- Creating online flows and graphics
- Maintaining the Adbusters visual language/aesthetic
- Assisting Web Team to create online content and strategy
- Coming up with a steady stream of activist thrusts for campaigns
Web + Graphic Intern (Vancouver)
Adbusters Media Foundation is offering an unpaid internship position at our organization during our ongoing website upgrade. The ideal candidate will have either formal training or a background in web coding as well as a solid understanding of anything and everything that goes into making a website live. If you are a fast learner with multidisciplinary skills in web + graphics and are seeking professional experience in the field of web development, send your resume and portfolio to [email protected]
We are also accepting current students registered in any Web/Graphic-related post-secondary program for this position. Please send along details of your educational requirements with your application.
Duties include but are not limited to:
– Assist with the website migration project, backing up WordPress site
– Create and optimize graphics for web use while maintaining the Adbusters aesthetic
– Create page design mock-ups
– Translate mock-up designs into code
– Intermediate knowledge of HTML, CSS, WordPress, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator (yes—all the above!)
– A willingness to learn about Webflow
– A team-player attitude—the job is very collaborative and you will need to work closely with the Art Director and Web Designer
Additional assets include:
– Politically-minded, familiar with Adbusters Magazines and campaigns
– Post secondary education in Computer Science, Web Design/Development, Media and Arts + Design
Adbusters is looking for a bunch of politically-minded, dynamic people to join our web and management teams at our Vancouver office. We welcome applicants from a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds. A willingness to work in a spirited, collaborative environment is essential. Preferred applicants will have an activist bent, some publishing or web experience, and a desire to engage with the pressing issues of our time.
- Customer service (handing phone calls and sales)
- Office assistant (admin, inventory, ordering office supplies)
- Customer service (handling phone calls and subscriptions)
- Office assistant (admin, inventory, shipping)
- Social Media (drafting weekly social media content)
- Web update/maintenance (HTML/CSS/Java/Wordpress/Liquid)