A bit of profound strategic news to lift your sails: #OCCUPYWALLSTREET will now happen simultaneously on two continents!
Inspired by the visceral potential of the Wall Street occupation, the Indignados of Spain just sent us word that on September 17th they too will set up camp outside the Madrid Stock Exchange. The surprise announcement, that their #TOMALABOLSA will join your #OCCUPYWALLSTREET, may embolden other cities as well. A rumor suggests the financial district of Paris may be next … or will it be Toronto's Bay Street, Sydney's Martin Place, or some yet to be chosen site in London?
Then on October 6th another kind of encampment begins in Washington, DC.
With a bit of luck, and the right mix of nonviolence and tenacity, S17 just might cascade into a Tahrir Moment on an international scale - wouldn't that be something?
We call on jammers across the world to occupy financial districts on September 17:
- #TOMALABOLSA in Madrid, Spain (Confirmed)
- #OCCUPYFDSF in San Francisco, USA (Confirmed)
- #OCCUPYBAYSTREET in Toronto, Canada
- #OCCUPYCANARYWHARF in London, UK
- #OCCUPYMARTINPLACE in Sydney, Australia
- #OCCUPYBANKENVIERTEL in Frankfurt, Germany
- #OCCUPYMARUNOUCHI in Tokyo, Japan
for the wild,
Culture Jammers HQ
PS. Rip out the double-page #OCCUPYWALLSTREET poster in the middle of Adbusters #97 and whack it up!