Tantalizing possibilities for what could happen next.
Hey all you meme warriors and revolutionaries out there,
For two centuries, capitalism has acted like a dangerous psychotic in the throes of a permanent episode: chronic manic swings between booms and depressive busts; a sociopathic disregard for the suffering of billions; ecocidal attacks on the living world; an inability to accept responsibility for causing massive species die-offs and threatening our collective existence.
Now, finally, capitalism is teetering into terminal crisis and it is up to us to give life to what comes next.
Here are a few projects we could start on right away:
- We pressure the G20 leaders to implement a 1% “Robin Hood” tax on all financial transactions and currency trades
- We ignite a meme war on campus and pull off a paradigm shift in the science of economics
- We occupy the streets in growing numbers until our leaders ratify a binding international accord on climate change
- We launch the True Cost metameme and start moving towards an across-the-board global market regime in which the price of every product tells the ecological truth
- We marry gaming with activism and have millions of young people around the world playing KILLCAP
Do we have the spark within us to create a new world?
Culture Jammers HQ
[cherry_banner image=”4901″ title=”Adbusters #102″ url=”http://subscribe.adbusters.org/collections/back-issues/products/ab102″ template=”issue.tmpl”]Spiritual Insurrection[/cherry_banner]